Group Leader - KTH
Are you interested in Engineers Without Borders and want to engage in something meaningful? Then you should apply for the position of Group Leader (GL) and Vice Group Leader (VGL) for Engineers Without Borders in KTH.
As a group leader, you will have amazing opportunities to meet a rich network of students and professional engineers throughout Sweden and abroad, as well as to gain the invaluable experience of leading an entire volunteering organization. We are now looking for a KTH student who is ready to take on the role as Group Leader at Engineers Without Borders KTH.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Leading the organisation according to the framework set out by Engineers Without Borders Sweden (EWB SWE);
- Making key decisions about the direction and strategy of the organisation;
- Being the main point of contact between the EWB KTH group and the national organisation;
- Ensuring that the group provides for its members and that the number of members is maintained and ideally grows;
- Chairing weekly meetings, and delegating responsibilities within the Management Team.
What will you get from the position?
- Invaluable real-world experience of coordinating teams and running projects that no amount of study can offer;
- A diverse network of like-minded people in Stockholm, the rest of Sweden, and abroad;
- Help in developing your skills from the rest of the Engineers Without Borders network.
The position does not require any prior knowledge, but it would be beneficial if you have:
- Previous leadership experience in an organisation;
- Passion for areas that Engineers Without Borders engages with;
- Acute awareness of problems within the areas that Engineers Without Borders engages with;
- Proficient people skills and ability to work closely with others.
The Group Leader and Vice-Group Leader should be able to give up to 12 hours per week (flexible and dynamic working hours).
The commitment time starts immediately after a successful interview and accepting the position and is expected to last till June 2023. However, there will be an initial transmission period in which you will get a good knowledge of Engineers Without Borders and helpful assistance from the incumbent regarding practical details.
[As with all volunteer positions within Engineers Without Borders KTH, this position is unpaid]
For more info on the EWB KTH Group follow us on Facebook and Instagram! For any enquiries, you are welcome to contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Apply as soon as possible, we are looking forward to your application!
Engineers Without Borders Sweden is promoting equality and inclusivity. We are strengthened by our differences. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply for the position, regardless of gender, age, ethnic background, religion, disability or sexual orientation.
- Internal Organization
VolunteerWe have a passionate and experienced volunteer network of professionals and students who help make a difference and influence our work. Explore our volunteer opportunities and see how you can contribute with your range of skills, experience and knowledge directly into our activities. There is no requirement for an engineering degree, everyone is needed, and all are welcome.
Be part of inspiring childrenSweden currently has a shortage of engineers, a profession that historically has been a very homogenous group. Because of this, EWB-SWE inform and inspire children to seek an education in engineering or technology. This is accomplished by assisting students with their studies, acting as role-models, and showing a non-conventional perspective on science, technology and engineering.
Personal developmentDevelop your leadership and technology skills by participating in the seminars and activities we organize.
Be part of our networkBy getting involved, you become part of an extensive network of talented people. We are not just engineers - everyone is needed, and everyone is welcome! We are located all over Sweden with our groups in 8 different cities.
We have a passionate and experienced volunteer network of professionals and students who help make a difference and influence our work. We are engineers, architects, scientists, educators, healthcare professionals, administrators and many others.
You can be active in projects, in the business or passive support. We collaborate with technical colleges and universities, with organizations and the business community.
About Engineers Without Borders Sweden
Engineers Without Borders Sweden works to address challenges linked to the Sustainable Development Goals, both in Sweden and around the globe. Through improvements in education, equality, energy poverty and access to water and sanitation we always strive to make a sustainable and long-term impact with our work, for local communities and the Earth as a whole.
Group Leader - KTH
Loading application form
Already working at Engineers Without Borders Sweden?
Let’s recruit together and find your next colleague.