Looking to make a real difference for asylum seekers in Sweden? Do you want to join the journey to drastically improve the integration of newly arrived academics in Sweden? Do you want to use your leadership and organising skills to help Engineer to Engineer coordinate a networking group? Do you want to help develop the organisation as a whole? Then you've come to the right place!
THEN YOU SHOULD APPLY FOR The Networking Coordinator of E2E Uppsala
Engineers Without Borders local group in Uppsala targets both students and professionals, regardless of subject area. Everyone who wants to contribute to a better world is welcome to join us, without any requirements of prior experience.
Engineers Without Borders’ integration project Engineer to Engineer (E2E) in Uppsala is run by 20 volunteers. Together we try to create a platform where asylum seekers and newly arrived can meet established companies. It is our ambition that this will accelerate their transition into the industry.
Currently we are looking for someone to coordinate E2E’s networking!
The networking coordinator is responsible for E2E’s external networking, networking with the purpose of expanding the organization and building the E2E brand amongst companies and organizations. The networking coordinator’s aim is to form, coordinate and support the networking group in order to establish and maintain contact with collaborating companies and participants from the target group. The networking coordinator’s responsibilities are:
- Building and maintaining the E2E brand and contact with our sponsors
- Make sure the company and participant contacts are planned, executed and evaluated by supporting and checking-in with the networking group
- Create an open environment for new ideas, initiatives and discussions in the networking group
- Be a part of the group leaders’ work of developing and bringing the organization forward with focus on the networking in addition to fulfilling the vision and mission set by EWB
- Be the main communication channel between the group leaders and the networking group
- Fulfilling the operation plan made to Länstyrelsen
- Recruit new volunteers for the group
- To the best of your ability keep the networking group volunteers motivated by responding to their ambitions
- Making sure the new volunteers know the working structure of E2E
We are looking for an organised, driven and open minded person. You should also be able to remain as the networking coordinator until the summer of 2022. E2E is an open project, where your own initiative is always welcome and there is plenty of opportunity to take on more responsibility.
As the networking coordinator you will be given the opportunity to:
- Get new contacts, both with our volunteers and collaborating companies and organizations
- Try a leading role and help develop the organisation as a whole
- Opportunity to make a difference for the integration in Sweden
- Insight into how governments and civil society work together
- To work within a value-driven organization with many wonderful committed from different backgrounds
The last day to apply is 31th of September and the hand-over starts as soon as possible. As with all volunteer positions within Engineers without borders Uppsala, this position is unpaid.
We are looking forward to your application!
For questions regarding this add contact: email@example.com
For information about other posts, see: volunteer.ewb-swe.org.
The information collected when applying to this ad will only be stored for the purposes of recruitment, according to our personal data policy. To take part in our personal data policy, please visit our website https://www.ewb-swe.org/personaldata/.
Engineers Without Borders Sweden is promoting equality and inclusivity. We are strengthened by our differences. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply for the position, regardless of gender, age, ethnic background, religion, disability or sexual orientation.