Are you interested in Engineers Without Borders and want to engage in something meaningful?
THEN YOU SHOULD APPLY FOR THE POST AS HEAD OF CORPORATE RELATIONS & FUNDRAISING IN UPPSALA!
Engineers Without Borders local group in Uppsala targets both students and professionals, regardless of the subject area. Everyone who wants to contribute to a more sustainable world is welcome to join us. We are currently looking for a new board and as Head of Business you will be a part of that group. For information about other openings, visit https://volunteer.ewb-swe.org/...
The Head of Corporate Relations & Fundraising is responsible for raising the necessary funds to the projects and activities of the local group. Within funding, there is a lot of space for creativity and new ideas – typically so far it has been lunch lectures, workshops, auctions, grants from government funds, grants from private funds and other ideas that have contributed the most.
The Head of Corporate Relations & Fundraising act as the main point of contact within the local group for corporate relations, and are responsible for the internal economy management. The position also includes being a member of the Fundraising national group led by EWB-SWE´s Head of Corporate Partnerships & Fundraising.
- Actively develop financing solutions to fund projects and activities within the local group (contributing to current initiatives and creating new and innovative ways of fundraising)
- Build a financing structure and marketing strategy
- Manage the local sponsorships. Be the first contact person with companies and organizations that cooperate with your group
- Collaborate and communicate with companies and organizations, and coordinate the corporate relations for your local group
- Collaborate with the counterparts in other local groups
- Contribute to the national organization's goals and objectives
- Act as the group leader for the team in charge of fundraising and corporate relations and report on the local group's operations during the monthly Fundraising meetings
- Participate in the local group meetings and communicate the decisions taken during the Fundraising group meetings back to your local group
The position does not require any prior knowledge, but it is an advantage if you are social, flexible and responsive. Further, a strive to “do good” is always appreciated in non-profit organizations and it helps if you are good at taking your own initiative.
The entry applies for the 2021/2022 fiscal year. The Fundraising group meets every 4 weeks, the week prior to the Board Meeting to be able to share progress, questions, and concerns with the Board. The Head of Corporate Relations & Fundraising actively participates in these meetings by sharing a progress report and any other relevant information to the group, and vice versa, they communicate the decisions taken during the Fundraising group meetings back to their local group.
It is convenient if you study or work in Uppsala and can attend physical meetings. Most important though, is that you have a genuine interest in the organization and are prepared to make it even better.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
Apply by September 30th, 23:59 – we are looking forward to your application!
[As with all volunteer positions within Engineers Without Borders Uppsala, this position is unpaid]
Engineers Without Borders Sweden is promoting equality and inclusivity. We are strengthened by our differences. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply for the position, regardless of gender, age, ethnic background, religion, disability or sexual orientation.