Engineers Without Borders welcomes everyone who wants to contribute to creating a better world by getting engaged with us. The Stockholm board group are currently looking for engage individuals to take over the smooth running of the organization.
That is why we are currently looking for a new Group Leader of our Stockholm group.
What you will be doing:
- Building up the Stockholm group and organisation.
- Managing the group and have the overall responsibility for the groups work.
- Hold meetings for the group.
- Support the committees and projects in their work.
- Participating in meetings from other local groups and implement directives from the national steering group.
- Identifying and starting new initiatives.
- Participate in the monthly meetings with other group leaders on a national level and lead monthly meetings with the Stockholm group.
- Look after the group’s development.
What you can expect to gain from this role:
- A freedom to innovate with the support of a well-established organization.
- Valuable connections and network building
- Development of your leadership skills
- A good experience that is attractive to have on your resume
To succeed in these positions, you need to have:
- At least 3-5 years of experience with project management or project coordination.
- Academic background in engineering or equivalent practical experience.
- Passion for areas that Engineers Without Borders engages with.
- Ability to work closely with others with a good cooperative skill.
- A strong drive to initiate projects and follow through, and a structured way of working.
- A strong interest in- and knowledge of humanitarian engineering.
- Can perform administrative work in a structured way.
- Full professional proficiency in English (official working language at EWB-SWE) and Swedish (for grant applications).
- Previous experience of work for the non-profit sector is a plus.
Time of engagement
The work is entirely voluntary, and the amount of work will vary depending on your level of commitment. However, typically 2-4 hours per week is to be expected. The group has regular monthly meetings.
For further information or questions please contact our Group Leader for Engineers Without Borders Stockholm group, Rolf Kusch on email email@example.com or phone 072 214 52 44.
We look forward to your application!
Engineers Without Borders Sweden is promoting equality and inclusivity. We are strengthened by our differences. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply for the position, regardless of gender, age, ethnic background, religion, disability or sexual orientation.