Are you interested in Engineers Without Borders and want to engage in something meaningful? Then you should apply for this position as Content Curator for the e-book project in the Engineer to Engineer Group at Engineers Without Borders in KTH.
Engineer to Engineer (E2E) is an integration program run by Engineers without Borders to help recently arrived and asylum-seeking engineers to become integrated into the Swedish job market.
E2E KTH is currently working on producing a handbook on entering the Swedish labour market. The handbook aims to provide tips and information related to labour market integration comprehensively and creatively. It is most likely to be concise (circa 50-100 pages as a whole) in a magazine format. Each chapter is scheduled to be released as soon as they are completed and finalized.
You will work closely with the Project Leader for the e-book;
- Gather relevant content, reports for writing chapters;
- Research the labour market in Sweden for the target audience;
- Develop an understanding of the rights and obligations of work seekers;
- Brainstorm ideas and interesting content for the e-book;
- Fact check and provide sources for the information;
- Create and curate the bibliography;
What you can expect to gain from this role:
Experience of working in a dynamic and international environment;
- A creative environment and freedom to innovate, with the support of a well-established organization;
- Invaluable connections both within Sweden and abroad;
- A better understanding of the Swedish labour market;
- Develop your research skills;
- Improve your ability to work in teams;
- Get solid research experience;
- Certification of volunteering from EWB;
The position does not require any prior knowledge, but it would be beneficial if you have:
- Knowledge of the Swedish context.
- Some previous experience in resources to manage a bibliography (e.g. Zotero);
- Passion for writing and expressing yourself in text.
- Attention to detail and systematic research skills.
The Literature Reviewer should be able to give on average 5 hours-per-week (flexible and dynamic working hours),
The commitment time starts in December 2021/ January 2022 and the applicant is expected to be committed to their role at least until May 2022.
[As with all volunteer positions within Engineers Without Borders KTH, this position is unpaid]
Engineers Without Borders Sweden is promoting equality and inclusivity. We are strengthened by our differences. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply for the position, regardless of gender, age, ethnic background, religion, disability or sexual orientation.