Do you have a sense of geographic information? Are you interested in contributing to Engineers Without Borders Sweden international work? Apply to the position of GIS-coordinator!
The international project committee is currently looking for engaged individuals to lead the introduction and continuous work with geographic information within Engineers Without Borders Sweden (EWB-SWE). EWB-SWE is involved in various international projects where geographic data is valuable in the design of technical solutions and to communicate internally as well as with partner organisations and donors.
What you will do
- Collect geographic data (such as coordinates) from ongoing and finished international projects run by EWB-SWE. This data can be found both in the project documentation and among project members in EWB-SWE as well as from local partner organizations.
- Explore different geographic information systems to find suitable tools for EWB-SWE’s to use in the organization's projects. This can be done by:
- Contact similar organizations and learn from their experiences.
- Look into requirements and demands on GIS-tools and datasets that members of the international projects have.
- Investigate available local/regional/national datasets (such as elevation and precipitation), open source and at a cost, covering the areas of the world that EWB is operating in.
- Investigate different GIS-tools available on the market, both open source and at a cost and evaluate how they meet the needs of the organization.
As a GIS-coordinator you will be responsible for the implementation of a systematic way of working with geographic tools and data collection in the organization. This can be done by arranging workshops and training members as well as producing instructions.
You will also produce a roadmap on how GIS can improve EWB-SWE’s future work in international projects and in other parts of the organisation.
What you can expect to gain from this role
- Freedom to innovate with the support of a well-established development organization.
- Valuable connections and network building.
- Development of your leadership skills.
We are looking for a communicative team player who is able to work independently and strategically, who shares the values of EWB-SWE, and who is interested in developing our organization further. We believe that you have some experience from work with similar tasks, potentially from the non-profit or volunteer based sectors. Experience with data collection and application of GIS-tools in countries where EWB-SWE’s international projects are carried out would be an asset. You have good communication skills in Swedish and English.
Time of engagement
The work is entirely voluntary, and the amount of work will vary depending on your level of commitment. However, typically 2-4 hours per week is to be expected.
Deadline for application is February 15th, 2022. We will however review applications on an ongoing basis and the role may be filled as soon as we find the right candidate - please submit your application today!
If you have any questions, feel free to contact Rebecka Jenryd (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Hanna Ekström (email@example.com).
Engineers Without Borders Sweden is promoting equality and inclusivity. We are strengthened by our differences. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply for the position, regardless of gender, age, ethnic background, religion, disability or sexual orientation.