As Group Leader you have, together with the Vice Group Leader, the responsibility over Engineers Without Borders in Malmö as a whole. Your main task is to manage the Group Leaders of each active area (currently E2E, TRE, IY, F2F), which means that you, for example, hold recurring meetings, take part in everyone's development within their role, and help each area coordinate the local activities. The role offers a lot of personal freedom. It is important that you can maintain close relations with every person in your leading group, but specifically, you work closely with the Vice Group Leader as you two together make sure to 'steer the boat' in your wanted direction.
Other than the work carried out within Engineers Without Borders Malmö, you will also be in close contact with the National Board, both through monthly meetings and on per-need basis.
The Group Leader role offers you the possibility to experiment with regards to what works for you as a leader. It is a great opportunity for the person that wants to gain leadership experience while helping Engineers Without Borders helping the society.
About Engineers Without Borders:
Through humanitarian engineering, we engage, inspire and unite people to build a sustainable future. Engineers Without Borders Sweden works to address challenges linked to the Sustainable Development Goals, both in Sweden and around the globe. Through improvements in education, equality, energy poverty and access to water and sanitation we strive to make a sustainable and long-term impact with our work, for local communities and the Earth as a whole.
Engineers Without Borders Sweden works with five main areas: International projects, Inspire youth, The Reflective Engineer, Engineer to Engineer and OpenHack. To read more about these areas please visit https://www.ewb-swe.org/organisation.
What can you expect?
- Opportunity to gain leadership experience within an organization which contributes to help the society through engineering
- Help others establishing and executing projects and activities
- Valuable connections and network
- The possibility to contribute to something meaningful.
- Working with people
What do we expect?
To succeed in these positions, you need to have:
- Residency in or around Malmö, Sweden
- Passion for the work that Engineers Without Borders Sweden does.
- Ability to work closely with others with a good cooperative skill.
- A strong drive and a structured way of working.
- Innovative solutions and a creative mindset is a plus.
- A responsibility to ensure progress in the projects or activities through group members.
Time of engagement?
The work is entirely voluntary, and the amount of work will vary depending on your level of commitment. However, typically 2-4 hours per week is to be expected.
For further information or questions please contact Matilda at EWB Malmö: firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are looking forward to your application!
Engineers Without Borders Sweden is promoting equality and inclusivity. We are strengthened by our differences. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply for the position, regardless of gender, age, ethnic background, religion, disability or sexual orientation.