Engineers Without Borders Sweden (EWB-SWE) is a volunteer-based organization that offers qualified volunteers to drive and develop development projects and activities. It is crucial for our organization to ensure that our volunteers can reach their full potential in the organization in order to contribute to the social impact we aim for. Just about all work is being carried out by volunteers: students, working professionals, and retired professionals. Ensuring a rewarding member journey and an environment that gives the members the possibility to work to their full potential is thus important for our organization to contribute to social change.
The development of our Member and Volunteer Engagement Program is a journey we have already started. 2023 marks the launch of our new strategy for 2023-2027 and the start of our work to implement it. One of the four major focus areas is to reach our full potential as a volunteer-based organization. Within that area, we have identified a need to:
- Strengthen our volunteering capacity to contribute positively towards humanitarian engineering by investing in our volunteers
- Ensure a rewarding volunteer journey and nurture a strong feeling of teamwork, and commitment towards EWB-SWE
- Further increase our level of professionalism within project management, engineering and development cooperation
- Better utilize the uniqueness and expertise of our volunteers
We are looking for volunteers who are interested in taking a role in our journey towards reaching our full potential as a volunteer based organization. We wish to establish a new committee, which will take on a variety of tasks aiming to develop our Member and Volunteer Engagement Program. Engagement could be in the format of a full-time or part-time internship, or as a volunteer spending a few hours a week with us. Priorities will be made based on needs within the organization as well as the areas of competence and interest among the volunteers being part of the team.
Examples of work to be divided between members of the group include, but are not limited to:
- Develop our on-boarding and off-boarding materials and processes
- Further develop guidelines and policies supporting the work of our volunteers, as well as the skills development we offer to our volunteers within e.g project management, development cooperation, intercultural communication etc.
- Support other volunteers with recruitment, on-boarding and off-boarding, learning and development
- Assisting with events for members and volunteers on a local and national scale.
- Introduce and host quarterly orientation webinars for prospective volunteers.
- Administrate and further develop our member management software and our recruitment platform.
- Set up and coordinate data collection about our volunteer based work
We are looking for self-driven individuals with a strong interest in development work and HR questions to join this new committee. You are able to generate ideas, exercise initiatives and work effectively both independently and as part of a team. You are structured and a problem-solver, and speak and write good English. You could be new to the organization and contribute with fresh eyes, or carry with you the experience of being a volunteer with EWB-SWE already.
Start: as soon as possible
Location: remotely based.
Time requirement: 2-5 hours per week, or full time or part time as an intern
Terms: volunteer position / internship
We are reviewing applications continuously. Please do not hesitate to direct any of your questions to email@example.com
We look forward to hearing from you!
Our positions are open for all to apply for. Selected applicants are expected to register as members to act as EWB-SWE´s volunteers.
Engineers Without Borders Sweden is promoting equality and inclusivity. We are strengthened by our differences. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply for the position, regardless of gender, age, ethnic background, religion, disability or sexual orientation.