Engineers Without Borders Sweden is a volunteer based and value driven organization Engineering for Humanity. For over 15 years, we have been driven by a single goal: build a sustainable future for communities around the world. With sustainability and long-term thinking as guidance, we mobilize our engineering expertise to provide innovative solutions empowering communities today and ensure their resilience tomorrow.
Digitalisation Competence Team
Our Digitalisation Competence Team consists of EWB-SWE volunteers with expertise in a specific technical area to the international work of the organization. In line with our strategic and organizational development, we are expanding the team and investigating ways forward to contribute to higher social impact in the communities we work with, with a focus on Africa.
To achieve our ambitious goals, we have already started to build up an ecosystem, where we want to work together with different partners e.g. supplying HW equipment, software licenses as well as teaching material. This aims to increase our impact by building on existing learnings and experiences to gain speed and increase the impact of the STEM agenda in Africa.
As a next step in this journey we are exploring the development of a blueprint design for providing access to computers in schools and communities that is scalable and can be rolled out across different countries and settings.
We are therefore looking to grow our team with several members from different academic disciplines to join us and increase the level of digitalisation in Africa, through supporting efforts initiated by local organizations.
About the positions
You will be working in a multi disciplinary team with the goal to:
1. Develop a blueprint for the establishment on how to provide access to
computers and other STEM education related infrastructure. Long term we want to be able to use the developed blueprint design for both schools as well as for community driven initiatives.
2. As a second step we want to develop a roll out strategy to be able to multiply the blueprint we defined to different countries and different contexts (e.g., schools, communities, etc.)
To be able to achieve our ambitions goals we are looking for people with
Hardware skills to join our team and support any HW related questions that occurs.
UX / industrial design to extract the social design aspects. This team will work on understanding the social needs related to the introduction of digitalisation and define how the different needs can be adjusted
Product development to provide a systematic view of the blueprint solution background e.g. e.g. from including detailing out both the tangible and from software or tangible values can be achieved mechanical engineering
We are looking for new team members that:
- Want to have FUN while supporting the STEM agenda in Africa
- Burn for digitisation and can inspire others
- Have general understanding of technology and want to share existing knowledge as well as learn more in the areas of energy, food technology, behavioral science or climate and environmental issues or other relevant areas.
- Want to gain international experience through being part of a virtual team that drives our international agenda further
- Work independently with a good ability to collaborate
- Provide proactive leadership if required
- Have good communication skills
Start: as soon as possible
Location: remotely based
Time requirement: at least 2-4h/week
Terms: volunteer position
For further information or questions please contact Sandra at: firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to your application!
Engineers Without Borders Sweden is promoting equality and inclusivity. We are strengthened by our differences. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply for the position, regardless of gender, age, ethnic background, religion, disability or sexual orientation. Selected applicants are expected to register as members to act as an EWB-SWE´s volunteer.