Engineers Without Borders Sweden is a volunteer based and value driven organization Engineering for Humanity. For over 15 years, we have been driven by a single goal: build a sustainable future for communities around the world. With sustainability and long-term thinking as guidance, we mobilize our engineering expertise to provide innovative solutions empowering communities today and ensure their resilience tomorrow.
EWB-SWE´s local groups are a cirital part of the organization. Located across Sweden, they consist of nearby volunteers that work together to engage the local and national engineering community to achieve our mission. They provide a framework for like-minded engineers to connect, participate in local initiatives and international projects.
Our local group in Stockholm is looking for new team members to coordinate specific activities and areas of our work.
Become a team member!
EWB-SWE runs different activities and events that are organized at the group level and nationally. Our members are responsible to coordinate, run and develop these initiatives and contribute to support the development of an inclusive and sustainable engineering communty in Sweden as well as help spread awareness about our cause.
For all our positions, we are looking for new team members with:
- A strong interest in humanitarian engineering.
- Ability to work closely with others with good cooperative skills.
- A strong drive and a structured way of working.
- Responsible, driven, and able to work independently, with guidance from staff members.
- Good communication skills.
- Full professional proficiency in English (official working language at EWB-SWE)
- Innovative solutions and a creative mindset are a plus.
What can you expect?
- Opportunity to gain/develop your leadership experience
- Freedom to innovate with the support of a well-established organization
- Valuable connections and network building
- Possibility to contribute to something meaningful
Start: as soon as possible
Location: Stockholm + remotely based
Time requirement: at least 2-4h/week
Terms: volunteer position
We are reviewing applications continuously. For further information or questions please contact Caroline Edelstam, Secretary General > firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to your application!
Engineers Without Borders Sweden is promoting equality and inclusivity. We are strengthened by our differences. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply for the position, regardless of gender, age, ethnic background, religion, disability or sexual orientation. Selected applicants are expected to register as members to act as an EWB-SWE´s volunteer.