Head of The Reflective Engineer - KTH
Are you interested in Engineers Without Borders and want to engage in coordinating projects with a focus on sustainability and ethical aspects of engineering? Then you should apply for the position of Head of The Reflective Engineer (TRE) Team for Engineers Without Borders in KTH.
As Head of TRE, you will be part of the management team of EWB KTH and also will have to coordinate the TRE team. Your responsibilities will include:
- Developing new ideas for projects in cooperation with students, organisations and companies linked to the sustainable development goals;
- Planning and organising projects and events logistic;
- Leading and coordinating the TRE team;
- Being the TRE link between the KTH group and EWB Sweden;
- Being an active part of the weekly management meetings at EWB KTH.
What will you get from the position?
- Experience of working in a dynamic and international environment;
- A creative environment and freedom to innovate;
- The opportunity to interact with and inspire engineers to work sustainable in sciences and engineering;
- Improve your ability to work in and lead teams.
The position does not require any prior knowledge, but it would be beneficial if you have:
- Passion for areas that Engineers Without Borders engages with;
- Previous experience with organisation of projects and events;
- Good people skills and ability to work closely with others;
- Knowledge and interest in sustainable development.
The Head of TRE should be able to give up to 10 hours per week (flexible and dynamic working hours).
You are expected to be comitted to your role until June 2023.
As with all volunteer positions within Engineers Without Borders KTH, this position is unpaid.
We are looking forward to your application!
Any questions? Contact email@example.com
Stay tuned by following us on Facebook and Instagram!
Engineers Without Borders Sweden is promoting equality and inclusivity. We are strengthened by our differences. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply for the position, regardless of gender, age, ethnic background, religion, disability or sexual orientation.
- The Reflective Engineer
VolunteerWe have a passionate and experienced volunteer network of professionals and students who help make a difference and influence our work. Explore our volunteer opportunities and see how you can contribute with your range of skills, experience and knowledge directly into our activities. There is no requirement for an engineering degree, everyone is needed, and all are welcome.
Be part of inspiring childrenSweden currently has a shortage of engineers, a profession that historically has been a very homogenous group. Because of this, EWB-SWE inform and inspire children to seek an education in engineering or technology. This is accomplished by assisting students with their studies, acting as role-models, and showing a non-conventional perspective on science, technology and engineering.
Personal developmentDevelop your leadership and technology skills by participating in the seminars and activities we organize.
Be part of our networkBy getting involved, you become part of an extensive network of talented people. We are not just engineers - everyone is needed, and everyone is welcome! We are located all over Sweden with our groups in 8 different cities.
We have a passionate and experienced volunteer network of professionals and students who help make a difference and influence our work. We are engineers, architects, scientists, educators, healthcare professionals, administrators and many others.
You can be active in projects, in the business or passive support. We collaborate with technical colleges and universities, with organizations and the business community.
About Engineers Without Borders Sweden
Engineers Without Borders Sweden works to address challenges linked to the Sustainable Development Goals, both in Sweden and around the globe. Through improvements in education, equality, energy poverty and access to water and sanitation we always strive to make a sustainable and long-term impact with our work, for local communities and the Earth as a whole.
Head of The Reflective Engineer - KTH
Loading application form
Already working at Engineers Without Borders Sweden?
Let’s recruit together and find your next colleague.