Do you feel something is missing in your life? Perhaps it’s the feeling of doing something good for other people? Then you are the person we are looking for!
At present, Engineers Without Borders Chalmers section is looking for a group member to the Education group. The purpose of this position is to, together with the Head of Education, incorporate the values and projects of Engineers Without Borders at Chalmers University of Technology. Values e.g. all future engineers should learn about the humanitarian engineering. The goal of the Education group is to start up and run additional projects concerning education in collaboration with Chalmers University of Technology. At present, this work involves developing an MTS course as well as participation in a course in Mechanical Engineering at Chalmers.
Why should you apply for the role as group member of Education?
- Insight in the process when a course is incorporated.
- The opportunity to get insight in the organization.
- Invitation to member-exclusive social event and meetings.
- Working in an ideal organization is a good experience as well as very attractive to have on your resume.
- New friends! You will get to know new people from other programs at Chalmers. Increase your social network is not only fun, it can also be a good investment for your future career.
Engineers Without Borders is an nonprofit, politically and religiously independent organization that, through the use of engineering, science and entrepreneurship strives to make the world better. Engineers Without Borders Sweden is part of the International Network Engineers Without Borders International. Locally, the organization Engineers Without Borders is operated by the board.
- Contact companies and different representatives at Chalmers,
with the aim of building long-term relationships.
- Find new projects and plans for further development.
- Cooperate and support the Head of Education.
Time required is 1-2 h per week maximum.
Note that all work is very flexible and voluntary!
- Good communication skills because you will be in contact with representatives from Chalmers as well as different companies.
- Driven and interested in develop the education at Chalmers.
- Previously experience in staring up and running projects is meritorious but no requirement.
We prefer if you as a candidate have the possibility to stay at the post for about a year. Furthermore, during this time we prefer if you are interested in taking the role as Head of Education in the future.
Application and Contact
Is this the challenge for you? Please submit your application.
Interviews will be ongoing. If you have any questions or want further information please don't hesitate to contact us!
We are looking forward to receive your application!
Note: This position is for Chalmers and Gothenburg University students only.